Anyone who’s ever tried to fix a computer knows how frustrating it can be to need something you can’t find online. And you know you just saw it the other day, too! These five websites are ones you should bookmark, email to your phone, and maybe even engrave in your forehead to have handy for just about every situation you might encounter in the field.
1. iptools.com (http://www.iptools.com/). Chances are if you work with networks at all, you already know this one, but if you don’t, bookmark it for sure. Ping, traceroute, WHOIS info, hex to decimal (or vice versa), URL tools, DNS lookup, and even other stuff is all available here for free. Kinda makes you wonder why you ever paid for college, doesn’t it? And there’s also spam DB lookup, to help you find the jerk that’s been sending you viagra ads for the last 3 weeks.
2. Trend Micro HouseCall (http://housecall.trendmicro.com/). Figuring out how Aunt Edna got a virus on her computer may be difficult, but removing it doesn’t have to be with this website. Featuring a fully customizable, free-to-download virus scanner that will also detect Trojans, worms, or spyware, HouseCall includes support for 64-bit operating systems as well as 32-bit systems. You can also use it to scan just a particular area (a connected flash drive, for instance) and there’s no charge for the service.
3. yougetsignal (http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/). Security can also be breached at the firewall, which is a great application of this website, which tells you about open ports on your computer. Find out whether your port forwarding is configured properly using this site as well, perform WHOIS checks, visually trace the route to a network address, or just use the handy common ports chart at the right side of the site to determine whether your server is working.
4. whatisthatfile.com (http://www.whatisthatfile.com/) Don’t be fooled by the vacant look in the girl’s eyes on this website. She may not know what she’s doing, but the creators sure do. It’s a hotbed of links for things like a hotfix installer and numerous other startup files that can become damaged and cause the computer to not work right.
5. dll-files.com (http://www.dll-files.com/) DLL files are the bane of a PC’s existence, but without them they just can’t seem to function. This site is a treasure trove of DLL files, indexed by first letter of the filename and easily downloaded for free. Simple step-by-step directions make it easy for even a beginner computer user, and the DLL-files.com fixer will even do it for you with some of the DLL files.
*Bonus: routerpasswords.com (http://www.routerpasswords.com/) Remember when Google was new and radical, because all they had on their home screen was the word “Google”? Well, routerpasswords is like that: they just do what they say they’re gonna do. Their slogan is “the internet’s largest and most updated database.” If you’ve ever had to reset a router but can’t find the @#$%^& password, this site is a good one to remember.
Finding the right physical therapist for you child takes some work. You would never take your child to any healthcare provider who you didn’t know anything about so you need to do some digging. Here are 6 great sites for finding the right physical therapist for your child along with what you want to look for once you have some options.
Specializes In Child Physical Therapy
You need a physical therapist that specializes in child physical therapy. Physical therapy is not exactly the same for both children and adults so you want someone who will know the best way to treat your child using physical therapy. Pediatric physical therapists know not only how to create a program of effective exercises to help your child reach goals but also how to make those exercises fun enough to get a child to do them.
You may or may need a physical therapist with an even more specified field of expertise than pediatric therapy. It is possible that you will require one who knows how to treat certain injuries or disorders if your child’s condition is uncommon or you could seek out a specialist just if there is one out there with the right expertise and you want one. You will most likely know if you need an expert in a particular area from talking to whoever told you your child could benefit from physical therapy.
You want a pediatric physical therapist that is conveniently located. While you would go to the ends of the earth for your child, there is no reason to do so when there are skilled physical therapists all over the place. When you start looking for a physical therapist for your child, pay close attention to where they are located.
A Trusted Source
Whether you get the name of a physical therapist from one of the 6 great sites below or not, you should make sure that you are getting a recommendation from a trusted source. You don’t want just any physical therapist. You want a good one. Make sure that you get one.
Someone You Trust
When you consider having someone as your child’s physical therapist you want to meet with this person and see their facility. If someone is going to be treating your child then you need to be able to trust that person. Take the time to be sure that you trust the skills and overall demeanor of whomever you choose.
A Web Site Is Not Enough
His birthday is coming up and you are panicking. You have absolutely no ideas and he is not telling you a word about things that he would like to get. How should you find cool birthday presents for boyfriends that will be just right for him? You don’t even know if he likes cool things at all and you can’t remember him having said anything about things that he would like. OK, he mentioned a new car but that is not within your budget or appropriate for your relationship. Here are some ways for you to find him a cool gift in no time at all…
Big or small
First of all, determine your budget. How much are you willing to spend on birthday presents for boyfriends, and how much is normal at this point? It is not a good idea to give a very expensive gift if you just met and he knows that you are living on a tight budget. The best gift will not give him a bad conscious so look at things that are within your budget. If size matters you can always go for something big that costs a little or something small that costs a fortune. Remember that it is the thought that counts. You could even craft your own gift and make it the best thing he ever got.
There are plenty of cool gadgets to get for a boyfriend. He doesn’t even have to be into them. If you get him something that he can truly use he will enjoy discovering this. Make it personal by adding your initials or something sweet like that. If you know that he loves gadgets it should be simple to find out if his cell phone needs a new cover or if he would like something new for his car. These kinds of gadgets don’t have to be over the top when it comes to price and you can get them through reliable online stores.
Do something together
Don’t forget that you can give him some of your time and company. This might not sound like your regular type of birthday presents for boyfriends, but it can be the most original. Make a pick nick in a strange place or have 21st birthday gifts a date on a roof top. There are so many things that you can do that will become memories for life. Just like you can find lists and gift guides online you can find event ideas to get inspired by. Maybe it is time to head for a spa experience together. This way you will both thoroughly enjoy his birthday!
Fitness Gear. Is your dad a gym rat or does he complain about never getting enough time to get to the gym and work out? Or he might want to work at getting himself back in shape after an injury or illness or just wanting to lose some weight and feel stronger. There are the big ticket items such as a treadmill or elliptical bike that could be a gift from a whole family that he might like. Maybe something simple to get him motivated such as a new workout DVD program.